Friday, September 21

BOOK FAIR

I bought two books from the book fair in college today! I'm so happy because they're CHEAP! I regret for not dropping by yesterday so that i can go back and consider buying a few more and of course get money from my parents, BUT I only manage to find time to go there today and I wanted to save money for our girls' shopping plan tomorrow at h&m! And its so sad that the book fair only lasts for two days. I wanted to buy more books. HMPH. If you know me quite well, you would know that I don't usually read and I'm not those people that enjoys reading beautiful novels but I just love buying books! I know this sounds a lil weird as if I love spending money but please don't get me wrong. I enjoy buying books and take my own sweet time to read it slowly.

The two books I bought are:
1. Thanks for the Memories - Cecelia Ahern
How is it possible to know someone you've never met?
    With her marriage already in pieces, Joyce Conway nearly lost everything else. But she survived the terrible accident that left her hospitalized - and now inexplicably, she can remember faces she has never seen, cobblestone Parisian streets shes's never visited. A sudden, overwhelming sense of deja vu has Joyce feeling as if her life is not her own.
    Justin Hitchcock's decision to donate blood was the first thing to come straight from his heart in a long time. He chased his ex-wife and daughter from Chicago to London - and now, restless and lonely, he lectures to bored college students in Dublin. But everything is about to change with the arrival of a basket of muffins with a thank-you note enclosed - the first in a series of anonymous presents that will launch Justin into the heart of a mystery ... and alter two lives.

2. The lost daughter - Diane Chamberlain

Would you live a lie to keep your child? 
     In 1977, pregnant Genevieve Russell disappeared. Twenty years later, her remains are discovered and Timothy Gleason is charged with murder. But there is no sign of the  unborn child.
     Ceecee Wilkes knows how Genevieve died - because she was there. She also knows what happened to the missing infant, because two decades ago CeeCee made the devastating choice to raise the baby as her own.
     Now Timothy Gleason is facing the death penalty, and CeeCee has another choice to make. Tell the truth and destroy her family. Or let an innocent man die to protect a lifetime of lies. * For the fans of Jodi Picoult, this is a must read!

Both books seems very interesting to me! I don't mind lending it to others after I have finish reading it. But please take note that I might take a long time to finish it as I love to read them slowly. I thank God for giving us this day and has granted us safety journey home. Thank you Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment