Sunday, October 7

FOOD!

Live to eat or eat to live, that is a question.

Had a wonderful meal with my parents and their friends yesterday night. One of the uncle, from Argentina made some great pasta. I didn't really appreciate that pasta as much as the other adults do. But it was something new to me. My mum was very satisfied with all the good food she had yesterday and had complaint many times to my dad that even his friends as husbands cook for their families. My dad had only cooked once for me and my mum. It was the authentic Haiwanese chicken rice(that's what he told us). Surprisingly, it turned out not too bad. My dad has bragged about how well he used to cook when he was in UK many years ago. Finally, we get to eat what he has cooked that day. It turned out good so he started bragging about how well he did that chicken rice again. My mum was so satisfied by the delicious pasta made by that uncle and she told me to marry a
European that knows how to cook in the future. She bragged about how fortunate I will be if I marry a European. Oh, mothers! Haha.

That uncle also had a young daughter aged two. I so called 'babysit' her for the whole night while the adults had their own time chatting. She was so adorable, she had blues eyes and perfectly fair skin. Awwww. Now I miss her. She cried before she left yesterday because she was enjoying herself with the piano which she had never played before. I also observed how the parents treated her. Her parents were very loving and they brought her up very well. Maybe its because I just read he book 'the lost daughter', that's why I became very curious about how other parents bring up their children and how children behaves. I have always wondered what kind of a parent will I be in the future? Will I spoil my child too much? Or will I influence my child to do bad things without me knowing? I just read the summary of Jodi Piccoult's 'nineteen minutes' in Popular this afternoon. It was regarding a son that wanted to take revenge on his friends by bringing a gun to school and kill many of them. The mother tried to recall back what she had done to make her son become a person like that. She tried to understand what her son had went through all these years. I wanted to buy that book but it was a little too expensive. Oh well, I shall try downloading it or reading it from the net. I am very curious to know how his mother felt  knowing that this book is going to be another book that will make me cry.

Another thing I did yesterday was collecting the Chong Hwa KL prom tickets from one of the person in charge. Woohoo! I was wanting to go for the chkl prom since a long time ago. I have to try convincing my parents again. :( I bought the tickets at an early bird price, RM135. I'm getting quite excited about this and I hope that i can archieve good results for my semester exam so that I can prove to my parents I'm able to balance out my time between my studies and my work in the student council. I'm also hoping that my good results will be able to help me convince my parents on letting me go for prom night. The tickets look beautiful! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment